Biyernes, Marso 22, 2013

Ethical Dilemmas for Psychologists

TOP SECRET

Confidentiality

  • I have experienced being counseled by a councilor many times. I started consulting our Guidance Counselor during my High school days. I never thought i'd survive high school. So what i did was, i regularly go to our Guidance counselor and ask for opinion or ask her what to do or even just go to her office so that I can tell her what happened to me the entire day. I became a regular in her office. Every break time i go to her and tell her almost everything about me. She would give me advice for my problems.
    Confidentiality takes place when there are the two of you talking. Especially when it's a secret or it's something really personal and not meant to be said in public. But there are times that we should keep a secret, and sometimes spill it out when it concerns health and life. Especially when someone is in danger or it concerns suicide. In order to prevent it, you will seek further help in order to prevent the suicide from happening.

Conflict of Relationships


  • Trust me, I've experienced a lot of conflicts in relationships and you cannot avoid that. Psychologists might help you become less hot tempered or just counsel you. In our daily life, one way or another there will have conflicts or "Sabit/Gusot" in our life. We cannot avoid that people make mistakes and we should not for-long the conflict. Everything must be settled right away so that there will no gaps or misunderstanding furthermore. Just like what happened to me and my best friend before, we had a conflict rather a misunderstanding and I was so happy that we were both mature enough to face it and talk about it. While we were talking we shared our thoughts and opened up our minds so that we could understand each other and luckily we fixed our problem and now we're still best friends. :)

Bag of Money

Payment

  • There are a lot of people who are in need of financial help. And as of now, the current news about a girl from UP (University of the Philippines) died because she cannot afford to pay her tuition fee anymore. I'm not sure about the story but I heard that she can't pay her tuition anymore and the school did not allow her to enroll anymore. In my field, If I know that the client is not capable of paying the bill, I will just give my counseling for free. But if he/she is capable of paying i would let him/her pay. I don't want to force them to pay for the bill if they can't afford because that's a burden to them and pressure also. I know the feeling of it so I don't want to make them feel that. It's really hard.


Crime Scene Do Not Cross

Forensic Psychology

As a psychology student, I really think that we should tell the truth. Because the truth will set you free, and the truth will lead you to the right path. I don't have any experience in forensic psychology since i'm not yet a graduate and i have no plans of being a psychologist kind of lawyer. Or anything to do with the court. It's just that I am not into laws and stuff like that. but I know the laws and I am aware of the do's and dont's in our society. i know what forensic psychologist do. I know that they handle child custody cases or any family related cases in court. It is their job to fight for the better life of a child and the rights or parents and other family related cases.

Values and Consequences

Value and consequences. Values are the one's we live in. It is something important or worth fighting for. Especially when you have your values you stand up for it. You don't let other people look down on you like they know everything. Since your value is important to you, You fight for it. Consequences are the ones you get for doing something. Consequences occur especially when you did something bad or against other people. When we are asked to tell the truth we tend to be nervous if we're hiding something. And admitting that you did something bad doesn't make you less of a person but it makes you a better person because you told the truth and that's what matters. Based on my experience... I have proven myself that it is really better to tell everyone the truth than to lie. because lying will only lead you to several lies more. But if you tell the truth. It will make you feel a lot better and not just that. it will clear your conscience and who knows,? You might gain other people's trust again :)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento